Sunday 13 October 2013

Review : Back to the Future



JIMMINEY CRICKETS! IT'S ONLY 'BACK TO THE FUTURE!'
    
Hey There everyone!

Welcome to a new Dr Film review, today on the blog I'm going to be reviewing a real classic. It's 'Back to the Future' from 1985. A wonderfullyy zainey and crafted piece of drama entertainment, directed to near perfection by Robert Zemeckis. who directed other films such as:  Forrest Gump with Tom Hanks, Beowolf and Flight.

What's so good about 'Back to the Future'? well, that's the wrong question. As a veiwer, I have to ask myself what's bad with 'Back to the Future'? It's a fantastic film, which focuses on a Sci-Fi story concept that at the time of 85, had never been done before hand. It was something new at the time, which goes on to astound a new audience today.

When I first saw this film, I was 11 years old. I was sick and tired of all the rubbish films I'd seen previously of the more modern period, then I came across this and thought 'oh no, a film that's not from my time, is going to be just as bad'. Fortunately I was fussing over nothing, and I stand by that. What a privilege it was for me to sit down and watch this film.

For those of you who don't know the story - A Boy, Marty McFly, who is your typical American teenager of the 80's, is accidentally sent back to 1955 in a plutonium-powered DeLorean "time machine" invented by slightly mad scientist 'Doc Brown'. During his trip back in time, It doesn't take Marty long to settle in. However he makes a crucial mistake of all time travel. 'Never do something drastic, which could change the course of your own history'. So it's then up to him to make certain his teenage parents-to-be meet and fall in love - so he can get back to the future.

Here is a clip



There are so many good things to point out about this film, but I'm sure you viewers would be board to death, to sit through a bullet point list of all the things, I liked about this film, because there's just so many.

I'll keep it brief and just say, If your ever board and tired of all the crap films and think 'why did this ever get made?' then go and watch this film, especially if you haven't seen it. It's so different, very versatile and diverse, very historically accurate, it has an essence of 'bling' to it, which shows it off in such a way, one wants to be involved with it.

That is the beauty of 'Back of the Future' it involves the audience in it's adventure. Also there was not much good time travel stories, around back in 1985. So this film came in at right time, a time where technology was becoming more advanced, time travel stories and sci fi was absent, and then this film comes along and says 'Check this out, It's time travel - with a twist' and people loved it.

That's the genius of some films, they bring in something new, which makes the general public go 'WOW!' in a shocked and playful way.

Now of course, you have two time zones 1980's and the 1950's. Both of these time zones are very well separated and apart from one another. I always thought the 50's were more of a primitive 'back on your feet' kind of decade, and in comparison to the 80's well, you can spot the difference.




So all in all, very dynamic and attractive movie. - 9/10!

Thank you for reading this review. I'm going to sign off and have my tea now, but stick around for more reviews to come.

NEXT TIME : I will review 'Runner Runner'. I will post that review on Tuesday the 15th of October 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment