Tuesday 11 February 2014

Review : Robocop





ROBOCOP
Half man, Half Machine. In 2028 Detroit, when Alex Murphy  - a loving husband, father and good cop - is critically injured in the line of duty, the multinational conglomerate Omni Cooperation sees their chance to try out a new experiment. For a part-man, part-robot police officer.

Hi everyone 

Welcome to my new blog, I went to go and see 'Robocop' in the cinemas this weekened. Before I begin this review, I should point out, I haven't seen the 1987 film of 'Robocop'. My knowledge of the story, only comes from this film.

Wither ideas presented in this are deliberately similar to the previous film, I wouldn't know because I haven't seen the previous film. But the idea of having a man machine or machine man isn't an old idea. It's actually something that's quite present in everyday society.

We are moving into a world where the human body, is becoming not very useful anymore. So the idea of replacing parts of our bodies with machinery and technologically advancing ourselves. Is a powerful, present idea. This idea of course is communicated through the media.

This 'Robocop' is a reboot to the 1987 film, which opens up new boundaries to people coming on board thinking 'what is this?'. For those who haven't seen the 1987 film, I can imagine this being a new thing, being presented to them. All the more reason for them to enjoy it.

In terms of what I think about 'Robocop' I like the scientific concept and intuition presented in it. However, It does seem to concentrate too much on being all about those concepts and ideas. There are moments where I lost track of where the story was going. It starts off very strongly, but then afterwards goes off into it's own dimensions and I lost sight of following the plot.

Here's a clip.


So is this film worth going to see? I would say Yes. Because it is a fresh new start and a great reboot. However I would advice those watching it to be aware of the actual story premise that the plot offers, that is my main concern.

There was a lot I liked about this film. The pros do out score the cons. 

  • I liked the design of the new Robocop, the metallic black and the mechanic body armour, but still with a recognizable human element to it.
  •  The Acting was good.
  •  It was very well directed.
  • The Visual Effects were very impressive.

These are just to name a few of the pros about new 'Robocop'. The setting of it, establishes a futuristic background to it. How mankind has moved on to an upper level.
It was a very through tout, nicely developed set. It just assists whoever is watching it to believe what they see. They are actually in the future, maybe not the future as we know it. But one of many possible futures.

The pacing of it, well it's 118 minutes. So you do have to be on the ball, and really pay attention to whats going on. Not that that's a problem for me, I just need to prepare myself for long films. The film is just under 2 hours.

 

 So now, that I've mentioned all I needed to mention. I'll leave it up to you. To see wither or not you agree with me.

I will give this 'Robocop' (2014) a 6/10. I wonder what I have in store when I watch the original.

Thanks very much for reading this review.

I'll see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment