Friday 16 August 2013

Review : Wreck It Ralph



Wreck it Ralph - Ralph the bad guy, in a video game, fantasies about having a different life, a life where he's not disregarded because of his position. Ralph sets out to prove he's not a bad guy and that he can achieve greatness.

Hello Everyone

Welcome to another Dr Film Review, In today's review. I will be talking about Disney movie 'Wreck it Ralph' which is regarded by most people and critics as being a very good film, overall. I would be obliged to agree, I think it's a very good film, very inventive and imaginative and comically funny.

The Story basically is about the title character, Wreck-It Ralph who longs to be as beloved as his game's perfect Good Guy, Fix-It Felix. The problem that he faces is, nobody loves the Bad Guy. But however it occurs to Ralph that people do love heroes.

So the film is about Ralph setting out to prove, that he can achieve greatness, when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives in the arcade, featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun, Ralph gets his once in a lifetime opportunity and his ticket to heroism and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple plan, win a medal and return to his game a hero.

But with his nature kicks in and he wrecks his chance, he passes through into another game and also without knowing, accidentally unleashes a deadly parasite or bug,  which in effect threatens every game in the arcade, and puts him and everyone else in danger. Ralph's only hope is an adorable little girl called Vanellope von Schweetz.

Vanellope is in her game looked down upon as a trouble making "glitch" from a candy-coated cart racing game, and she ends up being the one who teaches Ralph what it means to be an actual Good Guy. Together they work as a pair, to help each other out, and become friends, they also help to save the arcade from destruction.

So all in all, a fairly decent story with an interesting plot. The ideas in this are just off the wall, fantastic. So imaginative and presented in such a clever way.

All the designs are built up so atmospherically, such as the candy world. It looks amazing, I really liked the setting of background. I thought certain ideas of things such as the Oreo soldiers and the nesquick sand, were very clever and worked in the story very well.

There's also a great twist in this film, which I didn't see coming when I first watched it. to those who haven't seen this film, and actually follow it as you watch, you might surprised. It's not a garentee, but you might be surprised.




Certain effects in this film, are really good, for example Venellope's glitching moments, really looked believable when she did have her glitching moments. The Cybugs are another great effect, especially when they multiplied and you see them in a swarm, threatening but such a good effect.

I couldn't really fault this film, really. I was a little nit picky with this film, but that was only because there are a few nit picky moments for which are noticeable. I won't name them, but there not that difficult to pick up.

Surprisingly, I don't have much to say other than 'Wreck It Ralph is a good film' you should watch it.

Though I don't have much to say about this, trust me a short review, means it's a good review.

Scores on the board, I will say that Wreck it Ralph gets 9/10. I absolutely loved it. It's up there as one of my favorite Disney movies.

Well I thank you for reading what there is, of this short review.

NEXT TIME : I will review Kick Ass 2. I'll post that review on Saturday the 17th of August 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment