Friday 31 May 2013

Review - The Hangover Part III

The Hangover - Part III: The conclusion to The Hangover story, and the conclusion to the wolf pack adventures. Leslie Chow has escaped from a maximum security prison, and when an angry mobster takes Doug hostage, the Wolf Pack must track down Mr. Chow, but not everything goes according to plan.





Hello Everyone

Welcome to my newest film review, by Dr Film. In today's review I am finishing off looking into 'The Hangover' legacy; And rapping up all the events, that take place in the third film, and how it compares to the other two.

This film came out in America on the 23rd of May 2013, and was released in the UK the day after on the 24th of May 2013.

SPOILER ALERT : I am fully aware some people do not want 'Hangover 3' to be spoiled for them, and I do suggest to those people, to go and watch the film before they read this blog.

In all honesty, It is a shame that 'The Hangover' Legacy has ended. I do really like the characters, the adventures that they get up to, their friendships, the settings but then again I can bring it upon myself to realise and respect, this is a thing that's run its course and had it's time, and when enough is enough, the end must come.

  

The Storyline for 'Hangover 3' basically entails in the aftermath, of the events of the first two hangover films. and in this we have events that take place.

After the death of Alan's father, Alan is feeling very distraught and set back. Doug,Phil and Stu  decide to take Alan to get treated for his mental issues. however on the way to the hospital  Phil's mini bus gets hijacked by this mobster Marshall (John Goodman) and he takes Doug hostage.

Now it's up to Phil, Alan and Stu to find Mr.Chow again in order to surrender him to the Marshall, in order to save Doug.

Chow manages to deceive them by having them believe they are helping Marshall, but actually they are tricked into helping him, and that leads them into a lot of trouble. Marshall gives the three one more chance to find Chow. And with a bit quick thinking from Alan, they manage to find Chow partying out in Vegas, where it all started.

Phil, Alan and Stu manage to pursue and catch Chow, and they hand him over to Marshall, They get Doug back and Marshall does what he thinks is kill Chow but it is Alan who saves Chows life. 

Alan then breaks off the friendhsip he has with Chow, in order to start growing up and taking some reposinibilty for himself.

The film ends rather abruptly with a scene of the after effects of the after party to Alan's wedding. Phil is hungover, Alan is passed out and Stu has boobs.




In all seriousness, I enjoyed 'The Hangover Part 3' but I didn't love it. In my opinion it failed to break the boundary and it failed to step up to the limits that the other two set.

I did enjoy seeing stuff like Stu,Phil and Alana back in Vegas again, I liked the references and the links that were made in relation to the first two films, but for me it was too much like an action movie. and It was very tense, very on edge and very dramatic. and to me that's not what 'The Hangover' is about.

I didn't think Number 3 was as funny as 1 and 2. It lacked 'The Hangover' humour for me, but of course having said that I don't wish to discredit the really excellent performances of the actors. particularly John Goodman who I thought was fantastic in that sort of serious role.





With it being the fanilie, this film obviously sees the return of a few familiar characters from the previous two films, characters like : Mr.Chow, Black Doug, Jade the stripper, Carlos the baby, Stu's wife Lauren, Alan's parents and his sister Tracy.

It was good to see that those characters, were not forgotten and that Todd Phillips used the actors and actresses in this trilogy well.


In my opinion, this film just didn't cut the mustard for me which is a terrible shame, to me it focused too much on being an epic send off rather than what 'The Hangover' is.

I am giving 'Hangover 3' a 6/10.

The Hangover trilogy itself is great. The trouble I find with trilogy's is the either the first one is good and the other two are awful. or all 3 are awful and the trilogy sucks. this trilogy doesn't suck, but the ending was a bit naff.

I am giving 'The Hangover Trilogy' a 20/30.

1 Gold Star to Bradley Cooper
1 Gold Star to Ed Helms
1 Gold Star to Zach Galifianakis 
1 Gold Star to Ken Jeong 
1 Gold Star to John Goodman

Thank you for reading this review.

My next Review is going to be 'Friends with Benifits' starring Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. and I will post that review on Monday the 3rd of June 2013.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment