Tuesday 22 April 2014

Review : The Amazing Spider Man 2



The Amazing Spiderman 2 : Dare I say it actually turned out to be a very fair movie. I went in with low expectations. I didn't expect to be blown away, I didn't expect to express my infusiam or excitement towards this film. But I was very impressed with it.

Hey Everybody

Hope you had a good Easter Bank Holiday. I've been to the cinema a few times over the Easter Holidays, and one of the films I went to go and see was 'The Amazing Spiderman 2' to which I thought wasn't going to be all that great. From the trailers, it looked a pretty poor production. From clips it was a different matter. I saw two very interesting clips which showed of the film in a new light. It gave me a spark of interest to go an see it. It was just as well, I went on an Orange Wednesday to go and see it, because even if I ended up not liking the film, at least I didn't have to pay to get in.

For the record, It was a very interesting production and in every sense of the word an okay movie. It was fair, fair enough to make me think that it wasn't awful. The trailers don't do this film justice at all, and some of the action sequences don't really show off in good light either but the thing that got me about this film was the effect of being invincible. Spiderman was the hero, you got 3 stereotypical villains. Electro being my favourite villain of the whole film.

I don't quite understand why there were 3 villains in this, surely you can go with one villain in this case is Electro because he's the most interesting and do away with the other two. therefore resulting in Electro having a lot more scene time.

Andrew Garfield as Spiderman. I thought was really good, but it doesn't take much of a miracle to improve from Toby McGuire's performance. I think his Spiderman, has better abilities, he looks more flexible in the role. I don't think though this adds to my knowledge of Spiderman story which is a let down, because from the comics gather there's a lot more back story and added depth to Spiderman. For which the films have very little of.

Here's a clip.


I thought the story, wasn't as bad ad it could of been. It just needed a bit more added suspense and danger to keep me fully invested. One's attention span can only go so far, I felt my interest rate wasn't properly fulfilled in this film. It wasn't quite there.

In retrospect. The film was downsider in comparison to other superhero action movies, but it wasn't the worst sequel made to date. 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment