Sunday 22 June 2014

Review : 22 Jump Street

22 JUMP STREET : After making their way through high school - twice, big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a university.



Hello All

Hope your all having a good weekend, in todays brief update I will be reviewing 22 Jump Street. The sequel to 21 Jump Street. I met up with a friend shortly after watching this who hasn't seen the film, when he asked me what I was doing I told him that 'I just got back from seeing 22 Jump Street'. His reponse was 'Oh cool, how was it?' I then said what I consider to be a fair and honest comment 'It was interesting'.

You know they say most sequels suck. This one doesn't. It is very interesting, the thing that lets it down is the trailers because its the trailers that revealed key jokes and funny sinarios and didn't really shine the film in its best light. However if you actually overlook the pertential of the film from what the trailers make it out to be, its a fairly decent movie. I mean think of it this way, the proof is in the pudding and if you've never seen the film you can't make a judge of it.

So in the first one, Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum play cops who go undercover in a high school. In this film they do the exact same thing but at a University. It kind of understands the basis of crappy sequels and makes a joke out of sequels not living up the expectations of the film they are succeeding, and just says 'Look what the hell? Lets do the exact same thing again' because it worked before, we can make it diverse in places so its not exactly the same as the first one, we know it won't be as good as the first one, and it isn't but I admire that this film is very out going and is not afraid to laugh at itself.

Though there were a few things in the film that I felt were unnessacary, like lots of action sequences for instance. I thought they were sleezy and unnessacary and just didn't need to be in the film, It actully diverts the film from it's actual plot because theres no need for it. It's frustrating for me, However having said that this film did Pass my Laugh test, I did laugh a lot at this and not all the jokes are funny, some it is a bit mediocre and meledromatic and then you have the really funny blendid together into one comedy movie.

I commend the films lightheartedness, and it was very well directed. However the film has its moments to which is an insufferable challenge in wanting to enjoy it while you watch it. That creates mixed opinion for me because I find it frustrating that I want to like it more, when I know deep down that it isn't a brilliant film just 'okay'. But there's the rest of summer to come, who knows maybe this will end up being one of my favorite films released this summer. 6/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment